July 25, 2013
Usernames were an update during the Beta Test to reserve a name which was announced by Johnny Jansen (aka MechMoose). Usernames could be created during the official release, but on March 1, 2014, they removed usernames in Mech Mice Tactics for an unknown purpose, most likely because of lack of sales in the Mech Mice Shop or the decline of players after launch.
Usernames can now be only used in Mech Mice Academy.
- You cannot use spaces in your username.
- In Story Mode, the Units that you command refer to you by your username in blue text (e.g. Commander [Username]).
- On March 1, 2014, the ability to create a username and account was removed in Mech Mice Tactics for an unknown reason, most likely because of Hyper Hippo Productions focusing on Mech Mice Academy.
- In Mech Mice Academy Alpha, originally usernames were predetermined and consisted of two words that users could choose (e.g. Omega Squad, Bravo Unit).
- On February 13, 2014, the option to sign in to your Mech Mice Academy account using your existing account's username in Mech Mice Tactics was added.
- Currently, predetermined usernames can only be used by guests.