The Grunt Unit is a low ranking Unit in Mech Mice Tactics and the backbone of a Squad. It has medium damage, but can shoot further than certain Units (like the Heavy Unit). There are two sub-grunt Units, the Bazooka Grunt Unit and the Shield Grunt Unit. There are three known Grunt Units; Scratch, Blaze and Beta.
- Combat: An average combat unit that lacks the essential combat power to take down large bugs.
- Base health: Medium; he is best used as a supporting unit while allowing higher health units to take in damage.
- Movement Range: 2 (+3 for sustained)
- Primary attack: Medium damaging Standard Blaster
- Special ability: Dash N' Smash- the Grunt uses his blaster to do a close up hit on an enemy bug, dealing medium damage on medium-sized bugs.
- Cons: the Grunt is best used to support other units during enemy encounters, lacking the proficient health for single encounters.
- This Unit uses the Standard Blaster for combat.
- Their damage output is higher than a Recon Unit.