A Founder is a Player in Mech Mice Tactics who purchased the Founder's Package on the official Mech Mice website during the Beta Test. Those who order the Beta Package have access to all future Mech Mice levels as soon as they are released at no extra cost, along with all the Founder Units and Store Units for a few months, though this now applies to all users. On the first day the Mech Mice Beta was live, 64 Founder Packages were bought. Founder Packages could be purchased from July 9 to October 7, 2013 during the Mech Mice Beta Test. Founders are also beta testers.
The price of the Beta Package was $19.99 USD ($14.99 USD was only available to the first 1,000 people that bought it). However, less than 1,000 Founder Packages were bought so the package was kept at $14.99 USD during the entire beta test.
The outdated Founder Status page.
- During the last few days of the Beta Test, the Mech Mice team decided to unlock all the Founder Units and Store Units for players who paid for them.
- Some confuse Beta with being in the package, however, you could receive him with or without a Founder's Package, as a regular beta tester.
- Note that the price of the Founder Package was different in each country. For example, $14.99 in USD would be about $15.50 AUD.
- Less than 1,000 people signed up for the Founders program, this was unexpected as Hyper Hippo Productions had a goal of 10,000 founders signing up.
- There were a total of 170 founders before they switched the 10,000 founders fund to the "destroy 1 million bugs" fund in July 2013.